West Visayas State University
West Visayas State University (informally referred to as West or WVSU) is a public normal research university (a university system) located in Western Visayas region and the Negros Island Region (with a campus in Himamaylan, Negros Occidental) of the Philippines.
West Visayas State University Courses Offered | Programs
- Graduate Schools
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business of Management
- College of Information and Communications Technology
- College of Communication
- College of Education
- College of Law
- College of Nursing
- College of PESCAR
- Integrated Laboratory School
- Senior High School
College of Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts in English Language Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Foreign Languages
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
College of Business and Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Bachelor of Science in Cooperatives Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
College of Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Broadcasting
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Bachelor of Science in Development Communication
College of Dentistry
- Doctor of Dental Medicine
College of Education
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Social Studies
- Values Education
- Bachelor of Special Needs Education
- Elementary School Teaching
- Teaching Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Learners
College of Information and Communications Technology
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Entertainment and Multimedia Computing
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
College of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
College of PESCAR
- Bachelor of Culture and Arts Education
- Bachelor of Performing Arts
- Dance Track
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Fitness and Sports Coaching
West Visayas State University Tuition Fees | Payment
|Degree / Course||Tuition Fees|
|Undergraduate||700 – 1.200 $|
|Graduate||1.200 – 2.500 $|
|Doctorate Degree (Ph.D)||1.200 – 2.500 $|
|Library fees||1,100. ₱ (Philippine Peso)|
|Athletic fees||75 ₱ (Philippine Peso)|
|Registration fees||40 ₱ (Philippine Peso)|
|Medical fees||50 ₱ (Philippine Peso)|
|Internet fees||425 ₱ (Philippine Peso)|
|Energy fees||260 ₱ (Philippine Peso)|
West Visayas State University Scholarship
- Undergraduate Scholarships – DOST-SEI
The S&T Undergraduate Scholarships Program aims to stimulate and entice talented Filipino youths to pursue lifetime productive careers in science and technology and ensure a steady, adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources which can steer the country towards national progress.
The Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program aims to: provide scholarships that will finance the education of talented and deserving students in their third year of college and who are pursuing degree programs in the areas of science and technology; and ensure a steady, adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources who can steer the country towards national progress.
- Scholarship for Dependents OWWA
A scholarship grant to qualified dependents of OFWs consisting of a maximum of Php 60,000.00 per school year until the completion of baccalaureate course (4-5 years). For incoming freshmen, the selection of scholars is determined through the DOST national examinations. Only the top 400 passers are considered for entry as freshmen; 600 slots are for those who are already enrolled in college.
West Visayas State University Admission | Required Documents | Application Form
I. IMPORTANT REMINDERS
- DO NOT create multiple accounts. This may put your application at risk.
- Read the instructions carefully before you start using the Online Application.
- Applicants from WVSU SHS should not use the Online Application Module as they already have an existing IUIS account. The letter of intent and requirements for admission shall be submitted to the Registrar’s Office, Main Campus, La Paz, Iloilo City.
- Check your valid email address in this format: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If none of the format is available, try adding your birth year or birthday at the end of your email (e.g. email@example.com). Your application will be rejected if you use non-compliant email.
II. GENERAL GUIDELINES ON ADMISSIONS
West Visayas State University is a state university which offers free tuition to poor but deserving students who would qualify to the admission criteria adhering to RA No. 10931 (Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act). The University’s solid reputation in providing quality education strives for excellent performance in organizational culture and higher academic, research, extension and governance efficiencies. The policies and guidelines will hasten the screening and admission process.
- WVSU advocates open access and equity to all applicants. No qualified students shall be denied admission to the University academic programs by reason of age, sex, ethnic considerations or religious beliefs or affiliations (Article 125, Section 1, University Code 2013).
- An applicant for admission to a degree program must meet the documentary requirements for admission prescribed by the University.
- The West Visayas State University College Admission Test (WVSUCAT) is open to all Senior High School graduates or graduating students of Philippine high schools accredited by the Department of Education or foreign high schools, whichever the case may be.
- Transfer students may be admitted to the University except for colleges that have special provisions for transferee (Article 136, Section 1, University Code 2013). The other Colleges/Campuses may accept transferees depending on the applicant’s scholastic merits and on available slots as determined by the Deans/Campus Administrators.
- Only those applicants who reach the cut off score or higher determined by the College/School will be qualified for the local selection process. They should further satisfy other requirements of the College/School based on their priority course.
- Applicants will be allowed to choose three (3) Priority Programs/Specializations. The first priority will be considered in determining the qualifiers for the college admission. However, applicants are asked to provide their second and third choices as additional data and may be considered if the quota is not reached in the initial ranking.
- The Colleges and Campuses shall determine the actual number of students to be enrolled for each program and the projected number or quota of students that they can accommodate for local selection (Article 125, Section 2, University Code 2013).
- The Colleges and Campuses shall follow the Standard Operations Instructions (SOI) of their local admissions.
- The Offices of the Registrar at the Main and External Campuses will:
- serve as the authorized units to accept all applications and all documentary requirements related to admission;
- release the WVSUCAT results to applicants, colleges, and schools in External campuses;
- coordinate with colleges and schools to synchronize the schedules of local selection; and
- gather final lists of qualified applicants for enrollment.
- All applications shall be made through the WVSU Online Application Module. Hard copies of required documents will be submitted or mailed to the Registrar’s Office of the Campus where the applicant intends to apply.
The applicant shall submit the following documents:
- Certified True Copy of Grade 12 Report Card / SF9-SHS / DepEd Form 138 that reflects the grades in the 1st Quarter or Certification from the School Principal that the applicant is graduating this AY 2022-2023
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records from the school last attended with remarks “For evaluation purposes only” (for transfer student only)
- Parents’ Income Tax Return for FY 2021 or BIR Form 2316 or BIR Certification for Tax Exemption or Certificate of Indigency
- Two (2) recent identical Passport size (35 mm x 45 mm) ID photo
Note: Mailed documents must be accompanied with one (1) long white envelope with postage stamp to be used for the Examination Permit and should reach WVSU (Main and External Campuses) on or before January 31, 2023.
STEPS IN APPLYING FOR ADMISSION USING THE ONLINE APPLICATION MODULE
For Main Campus
- Go to http://iuis.wvsu.edu.ph/aims/applicants/
- Click Apply Here
- Fill out all text fields with correct information and select Main Campus in the list of campuses. Make sure to supply the correct email address. You will need that for confirmation later.
- Click Create Account and tick the privacy consent check box.
- An email confirmation will be sent to your inbox together with your temporary login details. Click Continue to proceed to your application.
- Complete Steps 1 to 5 by filling all necessary fields in the application form. Make sure to provide correct details and check each entry for errors. If a field is required and data is not available, write “Not Applicable” or “NA”.
- Upload the image files of your ID photo.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Read the information in the Applicant Certification field and click the Submit Application after reviewing your form.
- The system will send your Application login credentials to your email. You can login and view the notification board and your applicant data.
Note: This is different from your temporary account in step 5. Use the username and password to login to the Online Application Module to view / modify your application data.
- Be sure to logout from the Online Application Module.
- Check your email regularly for notification emails from the Registrar or College(s) of the course(s) that you applied for.
For External Campuses
- Go to https://www.wvsu.edu.ph/oasaca/auth/login
- Click Login with Google
- Sign in with your Google account
- Fill out all text fields with correct information. Make sure to supply the correct email address. You will need that for confirmation later.
- Click Save Profile
- Upload the image files of your ID photo (JPEG / PNG format).
- Click Next
- Select the campus you wish to apply
- Select your Course Preferences
- Click I’m not a Robot
- Click Submit Application
- The system will notify you as to the current status of your application.
- Be sure to logout from the Online Application Module.
- Check your email or your Online Application Module Account regularly for notification from the Registrar or Campus of the course(s) that you applied for.
Errors and Suggestions
Notice: If you are a student of this university or have information about this university, do not hesitate to share with us if you see incorrect or incomplete information.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Important Notice: When starting your education life, do not just proceed in line with this information. This information provides basic information about the university. Make contact with university before your final decision.For more: List of universities by country