Université de Lubumbashi
The University of Lubumbashi, in acronym called UNILU, is one of the great universities of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Located in the so-called copper province of Katanga in the south of the country, it has the advantage of being located in a naturally rich environment. Thus benefiting from a particular generosity of nature; the fauna, flora, soil and subsoil make this province a geological scandal and a site of scientific research par excellence.
By its philosophical orientation, the dynamism of the academic authority, the dedication of the student community, the University of Lubumbashi is strongly solicited both by foreign students from Africa, for complete training, and by European students, as interns. and researchers. In addition to foreigners from Africa and Europe, one finds at the University of Lubumbashi a great mix of more than 450 national tribes, forming a cosmopolitan atmosphere of researchers of all categories called here the “KASAPARDS”.
Université de Lubumbashi Courses Offered | Programs
- Medical School
- Obstetric gynecology
- Internal Medicine
- Public health
- Basic sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- Basic Sciences
- Pharmaceutical sciences
- Drug industry and analysis
- Clinical biology
- Hospital and community pharmacy
- School of Public Health
- Human nutrition
- Public health
- Faculty of Sciences
- Computer science
- Faculty of Architecture
- Graduate School of Industrial Engineers
- Agricultural sciences
- General agronomy
- Agricultural economics
- Management of renewable natural resources
- Social science
- Faculty of Law
- General law
- Judicial private law
- Social Economy
- Public Law
- School of Tourism and Hospitality
- School of Criminology
- Letters and Human Sciences
- African and Congolese Letters and Civilizations
- English Literature and Civilizations
- French and Latin Letters and Civilizations
- Historical sciences:
- Cultural history
- Economic history
- political history
- Population History
- Philosophy :
- – Philosophy and Society
- – Philosophy of Science
- – History of Philosophy
- – Philosophy and Linguistics
- Languages and Business
- Language Sciences
- Information and Communication Sciences:
- Performing Arts
- Communication from Organizations
- Social and political communication
- Psychology and Educational Sciences
- Economic Science and Buisness Administration
- Social, political and administrative sciences
Université de Lubumbashi Tuition Fees
|School of Public Health||–|
|Faculty of Sciences||–|
|Faculty of Architecture||–|
|Graduate School of Industrial Engineers||–|
|Faculty of Law||–|
|School of Tourism and Hospitality||–|
|School of Criminology||–|
|Letters and Human Sciences||–|
|Psychology and Educational Sciences||–|
|Economic Science and Buisness Administration||–|
|Social, political and administrative sciences||–|
Université de Lubumbashi Admission
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION TO STUDIES IN THE DEGREE PROGRAM
DEA/DES OR SPECIALIZATION
- No one is admitted to studies leading to the DEA / DES or SPECIALIZATION grade if he does not hold a bachelor’s degree, civil engineer, doctor, doctor of veterinary medicine, obtained with at least 65% on all the marks obtained two (2) first university cycles (diplomas to be presented).
- Holders of diplomas from higher institutes may be admitted to neighboring courses of study in Congolese universities, under the following conditions:
- have successfully completed a special program not exceeding two academic years, designed objectively for them by the faculty (special license)
- the department or faculty assesses the work written and the seminars attended by the candidate, for possible exemptions
- Diplomas obtained abroad must be covered by a ministerial order of equivalence issued by the supervising minister
- A request for registration for the DEA / DES or specialization sent to the academic general secretary with copies to the rector and the home faculty
This provision concerns candidates from outside the Unilu.
Unilu scientific executive candidates are required to do so and are automatically admitted on presentation of the physical file. Those who refuse, therefore give up their scientific course at the Unilu of Lubumbashi.
- State diploma
- Rating statements.
- Act of appointments and other decisions accrediting the members of people and scientists working in universities and higher institutes of R&D. congo.
- Certificates relating to the public administration, namely:
- Physical and mental fitness
- Good life, conduct, morals and good citizenship
- Certificates of results, score transmission sheets or even point grids for courses and seminars already taken in the DEA / DES program or specialization (elements to be integrated as you progress).
- Complete a registration form on site and pay the relevant fees.
- Bring a hanging folder and two (2) passport photos.
Elements of the application file for the defense of the thesis / aggregation
- Identity documents
- Photocopy of identity document (voter’s card, temporary service card, etc.)
- birth certificates
- residency certificates
- recent physical fitness certificate
- certificates of good life, conduct and morals
– documents relating to schooling
- Primary school certificate
- state diploma
- graduate diploma + related transcripts
- bachelor’s degree; doctor, doctor of veterinary medicine? Civil engineer… + related quotes
- DA/DES diploma
- possibly, a certificate of university pedagogy
- other degrees
- Diplomas obtained abroad must be covered by a ministerial decree of equivalence issued by the supervisory ministry
- documents relating to the thesis/aggregation
These are minutes and letters relating to the thesis/aggregation (aggregation of the subject, supervisory committee, etc.)
- Appointments and other decisions
Grade of assistant, head of works
- proof of payment of fees
Minerval, supervision fees, filing with the jury and defense.
Special registration concerns:
• Former students of the University of Lubumbashi who have stopped their course for one reason or another;
• Anyone who wants to change faculty;
• Those who want to change department within the same faculty and
• Those who come from other universities other than the University of Lubumbashi.
- For registeration
Université de Lubumbashi Scholarships
All videos must be offered in French. The technical quality of the video is not decisive, however, it must meet the following requirements:
- the person presenting his project must be filmed from the front
- the video must be produced under live conditions, that is to say, produced in a single take (without editing)
- the video must be filmed in a horizontal format
- if the video is presented by a “project team”, all team members must appear on screen.
No other natural person and/or legal entity, whatever its form, can claim any right due to the use of the video.
In addition, the participant declares, by accepting these rules, that the content of his video does not and will not violate any third party rights, including (without this list being exhaustive) intellectual property rights, the right to privacy, competition law, confidentiality, or any other contractual or non-contractual right. Any videos likely to violate the rights of third parties and/or one or more laws will be ineligible for the contest.
Four prizes will be awarded:
- First prize worth €1500
- Second prize worth €1000
- Third prize worth €500
- Audience favorite prize worth €300
The amount of the prize is the same regardless of the number of people in the project team.
For the projects to develop in the field, the AUF will promote the connection of the winners with mentors and incubators.
Université de Lubumbashi Address
Errors and Suggestion
Notice: If you are a student of this university or have information about this university,
do not hesitate to share with us if you see incorrect or incomplete information. Contact information: email@example.com or comment below.
Important Notice: When starting your education life, do not just proceed in line with this information. This information provides basic information about the university.
Make contact with university before your final decision.
For more: List of universities by country