Sokoine University of Agriculture
Sokoine University of Agriculture was first established on the 1st July, 1984 by Parliamentary Act No. 14 of 1984 through the amendment of Parliamentary Act No 6 of the same year. Following repealing of the Act, the university is now operating through the Sokoine University of Agriculture Charter, 2007 through the broad framework of the Universities Act, 2005.
In 1974, the Division of Forestry was established and hence the faculty was named Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry.
The university was named Sokoine University of Agriculture in honor of then Prime Minister of Tanzania Edward Moringe Sokoine who died on 1984.
Sokoine University of Agriculture Offered Courses | Programmes
- Bachelor of Arts in Development Planning and Management
- Bachelor of Science in Wood Technologies and Value Addition
- Bachelor of Agriculture Investment and Banking
- Bachelor of Community Development
- Bachelor of Human Resources Management and Labor Relations
- Bachelor of Science in Aquaculture
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Techniques
- Master of Applied Cell Biology
- Master of Arts in Development Planning and Policy Analysis
- Master of Arts in Rural Development
- Master of Science in Anatomy
- Master of Science in Forest Products and Technology
- MSc. Public Health Pest Management
- MSc. Health of Aquatic Resources
- PhD in Agribusiness
- PhD in Agricultural and Rural Innovation
- PhD in Agroecology
- PhD in Soil and Water Management
Sokoine University of Agriculture Tuition Fees
At the beginning of the Academic Year, all students will be required to produce evidence of having been awarded a Government Bursary from their respective Ministries of Education (if East African) or evidence of Scholarship Awards; otherwise they will be expected to pay full tuition and University fees for one semester, at the beginning of the semester, before they can be permitted to use University facilities.
Payment of fees should be made within three months after receipt of the offer of admission but not after registration or adequate and acceptable arrangements to that effect should be made before a candidate is registered.
Failure to pay within the specified period may result in the withdrawal of registration.
- Fees Structure for Certificate and Diploma Programmes
- Fees Structure for Undergraduate Degrees Programmes
- Fees Structure for Postgraduate Degrees Programmes
- Undergraduate Student Loan/Sponsorship Matters
- Scholarships Opportunities
Sokoine University of Agriculture Admission
Choose your Option:
Degree and Non degree programmes
- Apply for Certificate Programmes
- Apply for Diploma Programmes
- Apply for Undergraduate Degree Programmes
- Apply for Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Apply for Masters Degree Programmes
- Apply for PhD Programmes
Errors and Suggestion
Notice: If you are a student of this university or have information about this university,
do not hesitate to share with us if you see incorrect or incomplete information. Contact information: email@example.com or comment below.
Important Notice: When starting your education life, do not just proceed in line with this information. This information provides basic information about the university.
Make contact with university before your final decision.
For more: List of universities by country