Saint Joseph University of Beirut
Saint-Joseph University of Beirut (USJ) is a private Lebanese university, founded in 1875 by the Society of Jesus. The University counts 13 Faculties (religious sciences, medicine, pharmacy, dental medicine, nursing sciences, engineering, law and political sciences, economics, business administration and management, humanities, sciences, educational sciences, and languages), 18 Schools operating under USJ Faculties.
Education is provided on Beirut campuses as well as at the Regional Centers: Center for University Studies of Northern Lebanon (located in Tripoli), Center for University Studies of Southern Lebanon (located in Sidon), and Center for University Studies of Zahlé and the Beqaa (located in Zahlé).
Saint Joseph University of Beirut Academic Programs | Courses
- Institute of Oriental Letters (ILO)
- Lebanese School of Social Work (ELFS)
- Institute of Theatre, Audiovisual and Cinema Studies (IESAV)
- Faculty of Languages and Translation (FdLT)
- School of Translators and Interpreters of Beirut (ETIB)
- Faculty of Educational Sciences (FSEDU)
- Lebanese Institute for Educators (ILE)
- High School of Arts and Fashion Design (ESMOD)
- Faculty of Religious Sciences (FSR)
- Higher Institute of Religious Sciences (ISSR)
- Institute of Muslim-Christian Studies (IEIC)
- Medecine and Health
- Faculty of Medicine (FM)
- School of Midwifery (ESF)
- Institute of Physiotherapy (IPHY)
- Institute of Psychomotor Therapy (IPM)
- Higher Institute of Speech and Language Therapy (ISO)
- Institute of Occupational Therapy (IET)
- Higher Institute of Public Health (ISSP)
- Faculty of Pharmacy (FP)
- School of Medical Lab Technician (ETLAM)
- Faculty of Dental Medicine (FMD)
- Faculty of Nursing Sciences (FSI)
- Law, Political Science
- Faculty of Law and Political Science (FDSP)
- Institute of Political Science (ISP)
- Economics, Management, Banking, Insurance
- Faculty of Economics (FSE)
- Faculty of Business Administration and Management (FGM)
- Institute of Business Administration (IGE)
- Higher Institute for Insurance Sciences (ISSA)
- Higher Institute for Banking Studies (ISEB)
- Engineering and Technology, Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering (FI)
- School of Engineering in Beirut (ESIB)
- School of Agricultural Engineering for Mediterranean Countries (ESIAM)
- School of Food Industry Engineering (ESIA)
- National Institute of Communication and Informatics (INCI)
- School of Architecture (ECAR)
- Faculty of Sciences (FS)
- Japanese Academic Center
- Professional Center for Mediation
- Confucius Institute
- University for All
Saint Joseph University of Beirut Program Fees
USJ is open to all social classes and wants each student to be able to pursue their education in the best possible conditions. In order to allow the largest number of students to enroll, the university is implementing a financial aid policy that takes into account several criteria: social, excellence, merit, sports and others.
In light of the aggravation of the economic situation that began a few years ago and the increase in the number of students having difficulties in paying their tuition, Pr. Salim Dacccache s.j., USJ’s Rector wished, with the approval of the University Council, to expand the financial aid. The budget increased from US$13M in 2012/13 to US$22M in 2018/19 and US$25M in 2019/2020, i.e. an increase of 100% in 8 years. This increase was largely funded by the University’s development fund.
USJ, USJ Foundation, USJ Alumni Associations and other donors make it possible to sustain an outstanding program of financial aid.
|FINANCIAL AID 2018-2019|
|Social grants||$ 10,748,614|
|Bank loans for which interests are covered by USJ||$ 6,301,132|
|Merit scholarships||$ 1,686,550|
|Honor scholarshipse||$ 395,765|
|Athletic scholarships||$ 171,277|
|Sibling discount for siblings enrolled at USJ||$ 728,887|
|Scholarships for dependents of USJ and HDF staff||$ 1,399,218|
|Loyalty grant||$ 102,000|
|Scholarships for international students||$ 90,500|
Saint Joseph University of Beirut Admission
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
1- Lebanese Baccalaureate or a degree that is recognized as equivalent by the Equivalence Commission at the Lebanese Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE).
2- Ranking in the required category at the English Aptitude Test prior to the submission of the application:
• Early admission: no restriction.
• Regular admission: ranking in category “B” at least or equivalent TOEFL score (60-69 internet-based, 515-549 paper-based) for the B.A. in Translation (ETIB).
No restriction for the other programs.
• Late admission: ranking in category “A” or equivalent TOEFL score (70 internet-based, 550 paper-based) for the B.A. in Translation (ETIB). Ranking in category “B” at least or equivalent TOEFL score (60-69 internet-based, 515-549 paper-based) for the other programs.
Ranking in category “A” at English Aptitude Test or equivalent TOEFL score is a requirement to the final registration in B.A. in Translation (ETIB).
Ranking in category “B” at English Aptitude Test or equivalent TOEFL score for all other programs is a requirement to the final registration.
Application submission for admission to undergraduate study is done:
• Online, by accessing the https://admission.usj.edu.lb/
• At the closest submission office (CSH, CSM, CSS, CST, CLN, CLS and CZB)
To submit your application, please:
- Fill in all sections of the Application Form (pages 4 and 5)
- Choose a maximum number of 8 programs on the whole list (page 6) in order of priority from 1 to 8, 1 being your first
- Enclose the required documents, taking into account that the Admissions Committee only examines complete applications.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee: 250 000 LL. You may renew your application in any other period by going in
person to the office or online at no additional fee if you are not satisfied with your result.
1- A passport-size photo.
2- A photocopy of the recent copy of individual civil status or a photocopy of the Lebanese ID card or the passport for
foreigners (by showing the original).
3- If you already have a Baccalaureate certificate, a photocopy of the Lebanese Baccalaureate certificate or its equivalent,
certified by the Lebanese Ministry of Education and Higher Education. This certificate is mandatory if applying for the
Late Admission and Second Semester.
4- Transcript of grade 10 and 11 if applying for Early Admission. Transcript of grade 10, 11 and 12 if applying for Regular
or Late Admission.
5- A summary of the grade 10 and 11 transcripts, certified by the school of origin, on the form appended.
Errors and Suggestion
Notice: If you are a student of this university or have information about this university,
do not hesitate to share with us if you see incorrect or incomplete information. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below.
Important Notice: When starting your education life, do not just proceed in line with this information. This information provides basic information about the university.
Make contact with university before your final decision.
For more: List of universities by country