Bunumbu Teachers College established as a Teacher Training College
The then Bunumbu Teachers College was established in 1924 as a training Centre for Catechists and was later transformed into a teacher training college. It remained one of the only two tertiary institutions in the Eastern Region until May 1991 when it fell into the hands of the Revolutionary United Front (RUF) rebels.
Bunumbu Teachers College displaced in Kenema
The college was then evacuated and in October 1991, resumed operations as a displaced institution in Kenema, on the campus of the Government Technical Institute, the other tertiary institution in the Eastern Region, founded in 1957. The two institutions co-existed on the campus of the latter from October 1991 to October 2001 when the Polytechnic Act was passed in Parliament. The Act merged Bunumbu Teachers College and Government Technical Institute into the Eastern Polytechnic. The Act also made provision for the Eastern Polytechnic to claim assets of the parent institutions.
Eastern Polytechnic Offered Courses | Programmes
- Faculty Of Health Sciences And Disaster Management
- Institute Of Distance Education And Continuous Professional Development
- Faculty Of Engineering And Innovation
- Faculty Of Education
- Faculty Of Pure And Applied Sciences
- Faculty Of Business And Entrepreneurship Studies
- Faculty Of Vocational And Skills Development Studies
- Faculty Of Development Agriculture And Natural Resource Management
Eastern Polytechnic Tuition Fees
FEE SCHEDULE FOR PORT HARCOURT CAMPUS
- TUITION FEE (Per Session) ₦52,500
- SCREENING FEE (once) ₦5,000
- ACCEPTANCE FEE (Once) ₦5,000
- I. D. CARD FEE (Once) ₦2,500
GRAND TOTAL: ₦65,000
Accommodation: (Per Session) – optional ₦30,000
FEE SCHEDULE FOR UMUOKO CAMPUS
- TUITION FEE (Per Session) ₦40,000
- SCREENING FEE (once) ₦2,500
- ACCEPTANCE FEE (Once) ₦5,000
- I. D. CARD FEE (Once) ₦5,000
GRAND TOTAL: ₦52,500
Accommodation: (Per Session) – optional ₦15,000
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Payments can be made in full or two equal installments.
All payments to be made directly into any branch of the following banks nearest to you, in the name of Eastern Polytechnic. All bank payment slips MUST be submitted to the institution for record purposes.
|BANK NAME||ACCOUNT NUMBER|
|ACCESS (DIAMOND) BANK PLC||0050431578|
|UNION BANK PLC||0047613989|
Eastern Polytechnic Admission
Download : Download GENERAL ADMISSION INFORMATION
Applicants must satisfy faculty and departmental requirements for admission into the various faculties and departments (please see specific entry requirement for your proposed programme by clicking the link above Download GENERAL ADMISSION INFORMATION
FACULTIES AND INSTITUTE
The inception of Eastern Technical University of Sierra Leone in July 2021 necessitated the creation of new departments and the establishment of Faculties. The Eastern Technical University of Sierra Leone currently has seven faculties and one institute namely:
- Faculty of Engineering and Innovation;
- Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Development Agriculture and Natural Resources Management
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Business and Entrepreneurship Studies
- Faculty of Health Sciences and Disaster Management
- Faculty of Vocational and Skills Development Studies
- Institute of Distance Education and Continuous Professional Development
The Eastern Technical University of Sierra Leone is a multi-campus institution, currently located at Kenema (Kenema District), Bunumbu (Kailahun District) and Woama (Kono District).
- Kenema campus in the Kenema District – incorporating former Government TechnicalInstitute and now headquarters of the Eastern Technical University of Sierra Leone
- Bunumbu/Kailahun campus in the Kailahun District – incorporating former Bunumbu Teachers College
- Woama campus in the Kono District – incorporating former feeder college to Bunumbu Teachers College.
MODE OF STUDY
The mode of study for all programmes include Regular Students, Extended Students, Distance Students and Online Students options as applicable.
- Regular Students – Attend classes from Monday –Friday (8:00AM-5:00PM). It is open to applicants of all programmes except distance education.
- Extended Students –Attend classes from Monday-Friday (5:00PM-9:45PM) and Saturday (8:00AM-4:00PM). It is mainly for those in the working class. It is currently open to applicants of Bachelor of Education (with various options) and Bachelor of Science (with options in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Banking and Finance and Social Work).
- Distance Students – These are mainly teachers who stay in their respective jobs and attend tutorials during vacation periods. It is currently open to applicants pursuing HTC(S/P) and TC at the following locations- Kenema, Bunumbu, Kailahun and Kono City.
Online Students – Are provided with a rich and interactive virtual learning environment that is available at all times online. This is to commence soonest starting with short term programmes
Errors and Suggestion
Notice: If you are a student of this university or have information about this university,
do not hesitate to share with us if you see incorrect or incomplete information. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below.
Important Notice: When starting your education life, do not just proceed in line with this information. This information provides basic information about the university.
Make contact with university before your final decision.
For more: List of universities by country