About the university:
Belarusian State University of Culture and Arts is a state-owned institution of higher education in Minsk, Belarus. A Minsk Metro station “Institute of Culture” is named after it.
It was established in 1975 as the Belarusian Institute of Culture by order of the Council of Ministers of the BSSR number 139 dated 04.05.1975 and the order of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the BSSR № 234 from 14.05.1975. and reestablished as a university in 1993 and renamed into the “University of Culture and Arts” in 2004. First, the institute had only two faculties: the library, created in 1944 on the basis of the Minsk Pedagogical Institute named after Maxim Gorky and the Faculty of social and cultural activities.
In 1999 and 2000, during a visit to the University of Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko, the university received its own art gallery, a second body, as well as Youth Theatre stage. At that time, were created Student Symphonic Orchestra and scientific creative laboratory of traditional crafts Belarusians. In 2003, the University hosted the second reorganization, new departments and faculties, some of them changed their names from the perspectives of the development of modern social and cultural practices in the country. On October 8, 2004 – Belarusian State University of Culture and Arts.
Academic licenses granted by the university and Offering Programs
Faculties and Institute
The preparatory department (PO) is an off-budget structural subdivision of the university, the main tasks of which are:
– implementation of educational programs to prepare individuals for admission to educational institutions of the Republic of Belarus,
– educational programs aimed at studying the subjects required for admission to educational institutions of the Republic of Belarus for citizens of the Republic of Belarus and other persons who have the same right to education as citizens of the Republic of Belarus;
– educational programs aimed at studying the subjects required for admission to educational institutions of the Republic of Belarus for foreign citizens;
– educational programs aimed at studying individual subjects required for admission to educational institutions of the Republic of Belarus for citizens of the Republic of Belarus and other persons who have the same right to education as citizens of the Republic of Belarus;
– educational programs aimed at studying individual subjects required for admission to educational institutions of the Republic of Belarus for foreign citizens.
– organizing and ensuring the functioning of preparatory courses without creating a separate structural unit;
– formation of a system of knowledge among students sufficient for admission to educational institutions of the Republic of Belarus;
– teaching foreign citizens and stateless persons the Russian language and preparing them to receive education in the relevant profile at educational institutions of the Republic of Belarus.
Faculty of Information and Document Communications
The Faculty of Information and Document Communications is a leading center for training highly qualified specialists for libraries, museums, organizations working with documents, museum collections, and digital information resources.
Training is carried out in two specialties at the first stage of higher education
Library and information activities (by directions):
Library and information activities (management)
Library and information activities (automation)
Museum business and protection of historical and cultural heritage (according to directions):
Museum business and protection of historical and cultural heritage (cultural heritage and tourism)
Since 2022, recruitment has been open for new areas of the specialty “Library and Information Activities (by areas)” – “Analytics” and “Digitalization”.
Faculty of Cultural Studies and Socio-Cultural Activities
Undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students’ study, councils for the defense of candidate and doctoral dissertations work. Admission to the magistracy is carried out in the following specialties:
theory, methodology and organization of socio-cultural activities (degree – master of pedagogy);
cultural studies (degree – master of cultural studies); – history of arts (degree – master of art criticism);
practice-oriented master’s degree “Art Management” (degree – Master of Management).
Faculty of Musical and Choreographic Art
At the Faculty of Musical Arts, specialists are trained in four specialties: “Folk Art”, “Variety Art”, “Singing”, “Wind Instruments”, as well as in nine areas of specialties: “Choral Music (Folk)”, “Choral Music (Academic )”, “Instrumental music (folk)”, “Instrumental music (brass)”, “Variety art (instrumental music)”, “Variety art (singing)”, “Variety art (computer music)”, “Singing (folk) ”, “Wind instruments (folk)”.
Faculty of Artistic Culture
The structure of the faculty includes five departments: the department of theory and history of art, the department of directing, the department of theatrical creativity, the department of arts and crafts, the department of psychology and pedagogy.
Institute for Advanced Studies and Retraining
|HIGHER EDUCATION II STAGE (MASTER) The educational institution “Belarusian State University of Culture and Arts” implements educational programs of higher education of the second stage, which form the knowledge, skills and abilities of scientific, pedagogical and research work with the award of a master’s degree, in the following specialties:|
– Socio-cultural activities (degree – master);
– Art management (master’s degree);
– Culturology (degree – master);
– Art history (degree – master);
– Library and information activities (degree – master);
– Museum business and protection of historical and cultural heritage (master’s degree). The term of study at the second stage of higher education in full-time (full-time) form of education is 1 year, in correspondence – 1.5 years.
The final certification at the second stage of higher education is carried out in the form of defending a master’s thesis.
To achieve high-quality training of highly qualified scientific workers, postgraduate studies are faced with the following tasks:
Ensure the educational process in the implementation of educational programs of postgraduate education for graduate students, doctoral students, applicants.
Monitor young talented students, undergraduates for admission to graduate school.
Provide qualified scientific guidance to students.
Carrying out the current and final attestation of graduate students, doctoral students, applicants.
Organization of participation of graduate students, doctoral students, applicants in the work of scientific, scientific-practical conferences, congresses, symposiums and other events related to the subject of dissertation research.
The postgraduate educational program provides the scientific qualification “Researcher” and is implemented in full-time, part-time forms of education and in the form of competition.
Admission and Requirements.
Admission of citizens for postgraduate and doctoral studies of the educational institution “Belarusian State University of Culture and Arts” is carried out in accordance with the admission targets for postgraduate education at the expense of the republican budget, approved by order of the State Committee on Science and Technology of the Republic of Belarus, as well as at the expense of own funds of individuals and (or) legal entities in 5 specialties:
– Library science, bibliography and book science (pedagogical sciences);
– Theory, methodology and organization of socio-cultural activities (pedagogical sciences);
-Theory and history of art (art history);
-Theory and history of culture (culturology);
-Museum studies, conservation and restoration of historical and cultural objects (culturology).
Persons who have previously completed a full course of postgraduate studies or enrolled as applicants for a scientific degree do not have the right to re-educate in postgraduate studies at the expense of the republican budget.
Applications for training at the expense of the republican budget are accepted until March 1 of the current year.
Acceptance of documents for postgraduate studies is carried out annually from August 1 to September 30.
All applicants for graduate school before September 30 are interviewed by the head of the department, the prospective supervisor, the admissions committee.
The results of the interview are documented by the conclusion of the selection committee.
Applicants to graduate school in full-time and part-time forms of education pass an entrance exam in their specialty in the scope of existing programs for higher educational institutions.
Assessment of knowledge of applicants is carried out on a ten-point scale. Retaking the entrance exams is not allowed.
Entrance exam in the specialty – from 1 to 10 October.
Enrollment in graduate school – from November 1.
Based on the results of the entrance examination, the admissions committee makes a decision on the admission to postgraduate studies of persons who have successfully passed the exams on a competitive basis, taking into account vacancies.
Enrollment is carried out in accordance with the order of the rector of the university.
Full-time graduate students are paid a scholarship in accordance with the established procedure.
The term of study in the postgraduate study of the full-time form of education is three years, part-time – four years, in the form of competition – five years.
Official invitation to study for foreign citizens
In order to receive an invitation to study at BSUKI, it is necessary to submit (by mail, fax, e-mail) the following documents for consideration to the International Relations Department:
• an application for study at BSUKI (specialization and form of study must be indicated)
• a certificate of education indicating the subjects studied and received marks
• copy of the national passport.
Documents are accepted until September 30th.
Persons entering the preparatory department must arrive at the university no later than November 1.
The university offers postgraduate and doctoral training.
The languages of instruction are Russian and English.
For foreign students, BSUKI offers one-year Russian language courses, where future students of art specialties can attend classes in their chosen specialty.
The knowledge assessment adopted by BSUKI includes marks from 10 (excellent) to 1 (very bad).
Two hostel buildings are located on the campus of the university. Blocks of double and triple rooms provide comfortable living conditions. In 2020, a modern sports and cultural center was opened.
Fees structure and details
Tuition fees for foreign citizens
for the 2021/22 academic year
- I stage of higher education
|Faculty, department||Cost, USD|
|Faculty of Musical and Choreographic Art||4600|
|Faculty of Artistic Culture||4500|
|Faculty of Cultural Studies and Socio-Cultural Activities||3800|
|Faculty of Information and Document Communications||3000|
|Correspondence form of education|
|Faculty of Musical and Choreographic Art||3000|
|Faculty of Artistic Culture||3000|
|Faculty of Cultural Studies and Socio-Cultural Activities||2500|
|Faculty of Information and Document Communications||2500|
2. II stage of higher education
|Art history (language of instruction – English)||6000|
|Cultural studies (language of instruction – English)||5500|
|Museum business and protection of historical and cultural heritage||4500|
|Library and information activities||4200|
|Correspondence form of education|
|All specialties of the magistracy||2500|
3. A cycle of disciplines for candidate examinations and credits (“Fundamentals of Information Technology”, “Russian as a Foreign Language”, “Philosophy and Methodology of Science”) – 1000 US dollars.
4. Preparatory department
|Type of training||Cost, USD|
5. Educational programs of additional education for adults in the courses of Russian as a foreign language
|Training period||Load, hour||Cost, USD|
6. Additional courses
|Type of training||Load, hour||Cost, USD|
|Courses for the study of special disciplines||80||700|
|Courses according to the curriculum “Linguistic and Cultural Course: for the first time in Russian”||80||500|
|Courses according to the curriculum “Linguistic and regional studies course: for the first time in Russian” (abbreviated introductory program)||40||200|
7. Passing an internship
|Training period||Cost, USD|
|1 month (for specialists and teaching staff of partner universities)||250|
Tuition fees are subject to change.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons can enter BSUKI for higher education:
– at the expense of the budget or on a paid basis – in accordance with international treaties of the Republic of Belarus;
– on a paid basis – according to the results of the final certification when mastering the educational program of the preparatory department and obtaining a certificate of completion of the preparatory department of the established sample;
– on a paid basis – based on the results of an interview that establishes the level of proficiency in the language in which the educational process is carried out, in an amount sufficient to master the content of the educational program of higher education.
Citizens of the Russian Federation, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Tajikistan, as well as citizens of the Republic of Belarus permanently residing on the territory of foreign states, have the right to participate in the competition for higher education at BSUKI:
– on the conditions provided for citizens of the Republic of Belarus (on a budgetary and paid basis – based on the results of centralized testing);
– under the conditions provided for foreign citizens.
Citizens of the Donetsk and Gdansk regions are allowed to participate in the competition for vacancies for education at the expense of the budget within the framework of an additional set, as well as for vacancies on the terms of payment provided to citizens of the Republic of Belarus.