University of Kwazulu Natal South Africa
The University of KwaZulu-Natal was formed on 1 January 2004 as a result of the merger between the University of Durban-Westville and the University of Natal. The new university brings together the rich histories of both the former Universities.
The University of Durban-Westville was established in the 1960s as the University College for Indians on Salisbury Island in Durban Bay. Student numbers throughout the 1960s were low as a result of the Congress Alliances’ policy of shunning apartheid structures. This policy gave way in the 1980s to a strategy of “education under protest” which sought to transform apartheid institutions into sites of struggle. Student numbers grew rapidly and in 1971, the College was granted University status.
University of Kwazulu Natal South Africa Offered Courses | Programmes
- College of Humanities
- College of Agriculture, Engineering & Science
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Law and Management Studies
University of Kwazulu Natal South Africa Tuition Fees
|Cost of Living in Country||–||–|
University of Kwazulu Natal South Africa Admission
|2023 Undergraduate Applications|
South African first time undergraduate applicants applying to UKZN must apply via CAO at www.cao.ac.za
Please be advised that ALL UKZN applications are now done online
N.B. Manual applications will be not be accepted and they will not be processed with an EXCEPTION for the following:
- NDP modules
- Change of campuses
- Some postgraduate programmes (please enquire with the relevant Colleges and Schools)
- Postgraduate Internal transfer form
- Undergraduate Internal transfer form
- Undergraduate Application form
- Postgraduate Application form
Completed application forms must be emailed to email@example.com
- Application enquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For College of Law and Management Studies enquiries CLICK HERE
- For College of Health Science enquiries CLICK HERE
For returning undergraduate students, students with a gap year, all local postgraduate applications and both undergraduate and postgraduate international applicants.
Please note that:
- If you are currently registered and would like to change programmes, please use your existing student number when applying.
- For all professional degrees, you cannot start a new degree in the second semester.
- Change of address for returning students will only be done during registration.
Medicine: 30th June 2022 (no late applications)
All other undergraduate programmes: 30th September 2022
Closing dates for Colleges and Schools vary
Please consult the Postgraduate Brochure for information on closing dates.
Closing date for Postgraduate Diploma in Industrial Relations has been extended to 30th November 2022
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable)
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South Africa universities, if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the USAF/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payment.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
- South African first time undergraduate applicants applying to UKZN must apply via CAO at www.cao.ac.za
- For a detailed breakdown on online application process CLICK HERE
Errors and Suggestion
Notice: If you are a student of this university or have information about this university,
do not hesitate to share with us if you see incorrect or incomplete information. Contact information: email@example.com or comment below.
Important Notice: When starting your education life, do not just proceed in line with this information. This information provides basic information about the university.
Make contact with university before your final decision.
For more: List of universities by country