The Ibero-American University (UNIBE) was founded in 1982, as a result of the initiative expressed by the Ibero-American Cooperation Institute and a management committee in the Dominican Republic, with the aim of offering a response to the educational needs of the country, as an institution of high academic quality and eminently formative. The document was signed on January 12, 1982, in a ceremony held at the Embassy of Spain, and acquired its legal personality by Decree No. 3371, on July 12 of that same year.
The academic life of UNIBE began on September 1, 1983, offering careers in Law, Engineering and Medicine. The following year, it opens the Business Administration and Architecture careers, and in May 1985, the Dentistry career, attracting a first group of students for the facilities and quality of the education offered in this area.
In 1986 it began to offer the first postgraduate courses at the specialization level: School Health and Insurance. In August 2004, during the celebration of the Fifth Ordinary Session of the National Council for Higher Education, Science and Technology (CONESCYT), Resolution 31-2004 was approved by means of which it grants the Full Exercise of Autonomy to the Institution.
Over the years, UNIBE has expanded its offer in other areas, currently offering 17 undergraduate courses and 45 postgraduate programs, with an enrollment that exceeds 5,000 students and 19,000 graduates.
Universidad Iberoamericana Offered Courses | Programmes
- GENERAL STUDIES
- LIBERAL STUDIES
Universidad Iberoamericana Tuition Fees
|Cost of Living in Country||–||–|
Universidad Iberoamericana Admission
Completed admission form • Admission
• High school certificate
• Record of high school grades.
• National Test Certificate for students who have completed high school in Dominican territory.
• Legalized birth
certificate • Medical certificate
• Four (4) 2×2 photographs.
• Certificate of good conduct (issued by the authorities of the country where you have lived for the last two years).
• Photocopy of identity card (if foreigner, photocopy of passport).
• Take the admission exam required by the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology (MESCYT): Academic Orientation and Measurement Test, POMA. The POMA test score cut-off point for students is equal to or greater than 400 points.
Additional requirements for applicants of Medicine and Dentistry careers
- Write a personal essay of no more than 2 pages (400 to 700 words) where you indicate your interest in the career.
- Vaccination card with complete immunization schedule for the Dominican Republic, including Hepatitis B, DT, MMR, Varicella and Polio vaccines.
- Letters of recommendation (two science teachers and one from the person responsible for community service in which you have participated) these letters must be original, signed and stamped by the recommender. Letters of recommendation issued by relatives or relatives of the applicant are not accepted.
- Student’s CV
Additional requirements for BBA and Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering applicants
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, preferably from high school teachers and counselors.
- Official TOEFL scores (a minimum of 80 online, 173 on the computer or 550 on paper) Official results sent to UNIBE from TOEFL with the code 4429-UNIVERSIDAD IBEROAMERICANA. Accredited schools do not apply**
- Essay of 400 to 700 words on a current topic in the field of study you have chosen.
- SAT results add value to the applicant’s record. Official results sent to UNIBE from SAT with code 5952-UNIVERSIDAD IBEROAMERICANA
Additional requirements for applicants of the Education career
- Take the admission exams required by the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology (MESCYT): POMA and PAA. The cut-off point for scores on the POMA test for students in the Education major is equal to or greater than 450 points. This is the first requirement to enter the degree, and the one that gives way to being able to participate in the PAA evaluation of the College Board, which is the second requirement.
- All documents must be originals (photocopies will not be accepted) and will become the property of the university.
- In case you have completed high school in a country other than the Dominican Republic, please contact the Admissions Department for specific instructions for diploma approval.
- Students who apply to the Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Information and Communication Technologies Engineering, Business Administration and Management, Bachelor in Business Administration, Marketing, and Tourism Management and Administration degrees will receive a math level test on dates set by the Admissions Department.
DATE OF EXAMS
- Admission Form (completed on our platform admissions.unibe.edu.do )
- Original apostilled birth certificate
- Copy of Apostilled Passport
- University Record legalized by MESCyT (original)
- Copy of university degree legalized by the MESCyT
- Certificate of Good Conduct (issued by the authorities of the country where you have resided for the last two years)
- A two-page essay explaining your motivation to pursue the master’s degree of your interest
- Curriculum vitae.
- Medical certificate.
- 4 photos 2×2.
- RD$ 3,000.00 Right of Admission.
All documents must be originals, photocopies will not be accepted and will become the property of the university
Errors and Suggestion
Notice: If you are a student of this university or have information about this university,
do not hesitate to share with us if you see incorrect or incomplete information. Contact information: email@example.com or comment below.
Important Notice: When starting your education life, do not just proceed in line with this information. This information provides basic information about the university.
Make contact with university before your final decision.
For more: List of universities by country