Rhodes University South Africa
Welcome to Rhodes University, founded in 1904; the University has a well-established reputation for academic excellence.
With just over 8200 students, Rhodes is a small University, which enjoys the distinction of having among the best undergraduate pass and graduation rates in South Africa, outstanding postgraduate success rates, and the best research output per academic staff member. This is a testimony to the quality of students that Rhodes attracts and of academic provision and the commitment of Rhodes staff to student development and success.
Of our more than 8000 students, 30% are postgraduates, and over 18% are international students from 54 countries worldwide, making Rhodes a dynamic and cosmopolitan knowledge institution. Students can undertake an extensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Humanities, Science, Commerce, Pharmacy, Law, and Education. Rhodes students are guaranteed easy access to academics and close supervision with the most favourable academic staff to student ratio among South African universities.
The University takes pride in its motto, Where Leaders Learn and producing graduates who are knowledgeable intellectuals, skilled professionals, and critical, caring, and compassionate citizens who can contribute to economic and social development and an equitable, just and democratic society.
Rhodes University South Africa Offered Courses | Programmes
- Departments A-Z
- Institutes and Entities
- RU Library
- Cory Library
- Margaret Smith Library
Rhodes University South Africa Tuition Fees
Rhodes University South Africa Admission
HERE, YOU CAN FIND ALL THE RELEVANT INFORMATION
TO APPLY TO RHODES UNIVERSITY FOR THE 2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
To make your registration as easy as possible, please bring with you the following:
- Your student number.
- A copy of your official school results.
- Evidence that your Initial Fee Payment (IF) has been cleared (see “fees” ).
- A copy of the deposit slip, if you have deposited money into the University account.
- If you have been awarded a bursary or NSFAS, a copy of your letter of award, which should have been emailed through to the Fees Office before 30 January 2023.
- School leavers: Your final NSC/ A level / HIGCSE results.
- Transferring students: Your transcript from your previous university and course outlines.
- International students:
- Proof of Initial Fee (IF) clearance by no later than 30 January 2023.
- Passport with a valid study visa.
- Proof of your medical aid cover arranged through Simeka Health.
- If your A-level or HIGCSE results are not yet available by the time of registration, you will NOT be allowed to register until your results are available.
Please submit your final results to the University before you arrive and bring a copy of your official statement of results with you to registration. If you fees have not been cleared by 30 January 2023, (by payment of the Initial Fee (IF) or by making appropriate arrangements for the payment of your fees with our Accountant) you will lose your place in residence. (Refer to the residence information).
The contact information for Simeka Health is as follows:
Telephone number: 0860 100 380
Only medical aid cover offered through Simeka Health or recognised by Simeka Health valid for the full 12 months of 2023, will be accepted for registration at Rhodes University for 2023.
If you are unsure whether your Medical Scheme is accepted by Rhodes University, please check that it is on the list of Medical Schemes registered in South Africa, see
www.medicalschemes.com/MedicalSchemes.aspx and feel free to verify it with Simeka Health Consultants.
Errors and Suggestion
Notice: If you are a student of this university or have information about this university,
do not hesitate to share with us if you see incorrect or incomplete information. Contact information: email@example.com or comment below.
Important Notice: When starting your education life, do not just proceed in line with this information. This information provides basic information about the university.
Make contact with university before your final decision.
For more: List of universities by country