National University of Lesotho – Review & Ranking
National University of Lesotho was established in April 8, 1945 and located in Lesotho. Lesotho is the last stronghold in Southern Africa of the magnificent bearded vulture, or lammergeier. The country has a population of nearly 2 – 5 million. National University of Lesotho is a officially registered university by the by the Ministry of Education and Training in Lesotho. There are 3 universities registered in Lesotho. The university’s doors are open for international student admission. The university offers degree programs, certificate courses, diploma courses and short courses. The currency of the country is Lesotho loti (LSL). See details below.
Offering Courses and Degree Programs
School Fees – Fee Structure
|Faculty:||Local Students:||International Students:|
|IEMS – ODL||7,810 – 30,460 LSL||10,420 – 40,650 LSL|
|Agriculture Faculty||7,810 – 30,460 LSL||10,420 – 40,650 LSL|
|Faculty of Education||7,810 – 30,460 LSL||10,420 – 40,650 LSL|
|Sciences and Technology||7,810 – 30,460 LSL||10,420 – 40,650 LSL|
|Health Sciences Faculty||7,810 – 30,460 LSL||10,420 – 40,650 LSL|
|Law Faculty||7,810 – 30,460 LSL||10,420 – 40,650 LSL|
|Faculty of Social Sciences||7,810 – 30,460 LSL||10,420 – 40,650 LSL|
|Faculty of Humanities||7,810 – 30,460 LSL||10,420 – 40,650 LSL|
Note: Fees may change. Please make contact with university before making your final decision.
Submitted Application forms must be accompanied by:
- An application fee of M350.00 (Local Students), M450.00 (International Students)paid into Standard Lesotho Bank 9080001407356 and attach a copy of the confirmation slip.
- Two Academic Reference forms bearing stamp of previous school.
- Passport-size photo
- Certified copy of passport or ID or any form of Identification showing biographical data & expiry date.
- Verified and certified copies of Educational Certificates/transcripts excluding PSLE and JC Certificates.
- Evaluation or Conversion certificate from Examination Council of Lesotho (ECOL) for Matriculates. Any other foreign internationals who sat for GCSE e.g. LGCSE, IGCSE or equivalent do not need to evaluate.
Please note that you need an active email address to apply online, if you do not have it, please create one first.
Student Life in Lesotho
Accommodation options for international students are:
- Rental apartment: You can find lots of rental apartments in Lesotho
- University dormitory: Foreign students have the opportunity to live in the dormitories of the university if they are in satisfactory conditions.
2. Cost of Living
- Single person estimated monthly costs: 17,437 Loti (example)
- Family of four estimated monthly costs: 32,321 Loti (example). Costs may change.
|Established||April 8, 1945|
|Name||National University of Lesotho|
|Accredited||Ministry of Education and Training in Lesotho|
|Fax / Phone||+266 2234 0601, +266 5221 3000|
|Address||P.O Roma 180, Maseru, Lesotho.|
|Country Rank||1 – webometrics.info|
|World Rank||5352 – webometrics.info|
|Universities||List of Accredited universities in Lesotho|
Errors and Suggestion
Notice: If you are a student of this university or have information about this university,
do not hesitate to share with us if you see incorrect or incomplete information. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below.
Important Notice: When starting your education life, do not just proceed in line with this information. This information provides basic information about the university.
Make contact with university before your final decision. You can find contact information above.