Cyprus University of Technology
An important parameter of the international recognition that the University enjoys is the universities’ international rankings. In less than 14 years of operation, the CUT has occupied high positions in three of the most well-known international ranking lists: Times Higher Education, QS and Shanghai.
Specifically, in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (THE), the CUT is ranked 301-350 worldwide, the highest position amongst universities in Cyprus and Greece, for the years 2020, 2019 and 2018.
In other THE rankings, the CUT occupies the following positions:
- Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2020: 57th in the top new universities in the world.
- Times Higher Education Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020: 44th among 533 universities of countries classified as emerging.
- Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2020: ranked 301- 400 among 766 universities included in the list. In the Impact Rankings for individual SDG’s, our University ranked high for the following SDG’s :
- SDG 13: Climate Action- 53th (among 376 universities).
- SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy- 73th (among 361 univeristies).
- SDG3: Good Health and Wellbeing- ranked 101-200 (among 620 universities).
- SDG12: Responsible Consumption and Production- ranked 101-200 (among 360 universities).
- Times Higher Education Best Universities in Europe 2020: ranked 148th in the top 417 European Universities.
- Times Higher Education World’s Best Small Universities 2019: ranked 17th in the top 20 small universities worldwide.
Cyprus University of Technology Offered Courses | Programmes
- Faculty of Geotechnical Sciences and Environmental Management
- Faculty of Management and Economics
- Faculty of Communication and Media Studies
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- School of Tourism, Hospitality and Entrepreneurship Management
Cyprus University of Technology Tuition Fees
Tuition for Undergraduate Programs
- Students that are citizens of a country of the European Union do not have to pay any tuition fees for undergraduate programs offered in the Greek Language. These are covered by the the Government of the Republic of Cyprus. Please note that currently, all undergraduate programs are offered in Greek.
- Students that are citizens of a country outside the European Union have to pay €6834 per year as tuition fees for any undergraduate program offered in the Greek Language. Please note that currently, all undergraduate programs are offered in Greek.
Tuition for Graduate Programmes
The amounts listed below are reduced by 20%, within the University’s decision and approval of the Minister’s Cabinet (latest Cabinet Decision September 13th, 2018)
- For all Masters programmes (for all students) €4,100
*for students started after January 2019
PhD Programmes (for all students)
- PhD without courses €3.200
- PhD with courses (up to 60 ECTS) €3.234 – €5.200
For PhD with courses, tuition is €34 for each ECTS
After the 6th semester, every student, provided he/she is continuing his studies, has to submit the amount of €50 as a registration fee for the semester.
- Every new student in any programme: €40
This amount is paid as a lump sum and covers insurance coverage, issue of student identity card, official certificates, official transcripts and degree, participation in the organized sports programmes of the University and registration in the Student Union for all years of your studies. This amount is mandatory for anyone wishing to confirm their position whether they are going to attend directly or whether they are male who will join the army. It is not refundable in the student decides to the programme
- In case of monthly instalments, only using a remittance (standing order banking notice) to the following Bank Account
- In case of the three instalments, either with bank transfer to the following account or with a credit card through JCC using the web link https://www.jccsmart.com/e-bill/14245062
NAME OF BANK: BANK OF CYPRUS LTD.
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0335-05-046698
NAME OF BENEFICIARY: CYPRUS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
IBAN NUMBER: CY14 0020 0335 0000 0005 0466 9800
SWIFT NUMBER: BCYPCY2N
Please make sure that on your receipt/standing order, your name/surname is written as well as your Identity Number. Bear in mind that the bank may impose a charge.
Repayment installments for Master Programmes
Each student, upon payment of the deposit, has to choose between two modes of repayment: a) in three instalments before the start of the first three semesters (with bank transfer or credit cart) or b) in equal monthly instalments*, paid only by standing order banking notice (no option for credit cart).
*Monthly instalments do not apply for the Master in Interaction Design
In three instalments
|Upon acceptance of position (deposit)||€260*|
|Until the 20st of August (before 1st Semester)||€1.280*|
|Until the 7th of January (before 2nd Semester)||€1.280|
|Until the 20st of August (before 3rd Semester)||€1.280|
* Non EU Students uppon acceptance have to pay the deposit (€260) and the first semester instalment (€1.280) in order to proceed with entry visa.
Note: Part-time students pay tuition fees on the basis of the above and pay the tuition set by the 3rd semester regardless if attendance lasts for up to 8 semesters.
With Monthly instalments
After deduction of the deposit, 15 monthly instalments (no matter if full or part-time students).
|Monthly instalments (15)||€256|
*Monthly instalments do not apply for the Master in Interaction Design
Repayment Installments for PhD Programmes
Each student, upon payment of the deposit, has to choose between two modes of repayment: a) in six-eight instalments before the start of the first six-eight semesters or b) in equal monthly instalments, paid by standing order banking notice.
Semester based instalments
|PhD without courses|
|Upon acceptance of position (deposit)||€320*|
|Until the 20st of August (before 1st Semester)||€480*|
|Until the 7th of January (before 2nd Semester)||€480|
|Until the 20st of August (before 3rd Semester)||€480|
|Until the 7th of January (before 4th Semester)||€480|
|Until the 20st of August (before 5th Semester)||€480|
|Until the 7th of January (before 6th Semester)||€480|
* Non EU Students uppon acceptance have to pay the deposit (€320) and the first semester instalment (€480) in order to proceed with entry visa.
For PhD with courses, extra tuition (€34 for every ECTS) are paid upon separate agreement between the student and the Service for Academic Affairs and Student Welfare
With monthly instalments
After deduction of the deposit, 30 monthly instalments (no matter if full or part-time students). Any other charges are paid separately.
PhD without courses (Total: €3,200)
- Deposit: €320
- Monthly instalments (30): €96
*For PhD with courses, extra tuition (€34 for every ECTS) are paid upon separate agreement between the student and the Service for Academic Affairs and Student Welfare
- Every student upon accepting the position he signs a Contract which regulates his obligations towards the payment of the tuition fees.
- The deposit is not returned in cases where the student withdraws from the University or he fails to register in any modules.
- In cases where a postgraduate student withdraws from a programme of studies right up to the 4th week of the first semester, he is allowed a refund of the instalment which he submitted for registration for the first semester (but not the deposit). In case of any withdrawal at a later stage, the paid tuition fees are not refunded.
- The University has the right not to allow/ or even to cancel the registration of a student, if the student has not submitted the due registration payment for the modules/semester – which payment is due before the registration in the modules.
- If a student has not fully paid the due tuition fees on the due payment deadline of his graduation year, then he has no right to participate in the Graduation Ceremony and receive his degree.
Cyprus University of Technology Admission
Admission process for all study programs:
- Are regulated by a public post of available positions of study to apply for, with a specific timeline
- Have a specific application process which requires submission of supporting documents
- Includes the evaluation of each applicant, concealing personal information, following the informing of all applicants in writing regarding the outcome of their application.
- In the case of a negative response of an application, and the applicant wants a re-evaluation and attesting of an application, a process is in place.
In cases where the applicant is not offered a position of study, the applicant shall be informed in writing about his evaluation. In cases where the applicant is offered a position with conditions, the applicant shall be informed in writing of the terms and time frame in which the conditions must be met. The admission criteria are specified depending on the program of study (Bachelor, Master and Doctorate) and you can find all the necessary information at the related links.
Errors and Suggestion
Notice: If you are a student of this university or have information about this university,
do not hesitate to share with us if you see incorrect or incomplete information. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below.
Important Notice: When starting your education life, do not just proceed in line with this information. This information provides basic information about the university.
Make contact with university before your final decision.
For more: List of universities by country