Central University of Technology South Africa
CUT is the foremost higher education institution in the heartland of South Africa, dedicated to quality education and training in science, engineering and technology. CUT, established in 1981 has developed into a leading institution able to take its place in the national as well as international higher education landscape. Our new Vision is a reflection of the university’s pursuit of quality education and academic excellence. In our efforts to educate, teach and train our students with the aid of world class technology, we will focus on customer service, excellence, innovation, integrity and diversity as the values that we uphold dearly.
Central University of Technology South Africa Offered Courses | Programmes
- ENGINEERING, BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- TEACHING AND LEARNING
Central University of Technology South Africa Tuition Fees
CUT ACADEMIC MERIT BURSARIES FOR FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS
Such bursaries are for candidates who are pursuing further studies for the first time after Grade 12 and who are enrolled as full-time students for a diploma or degree course/ at CUT. The amount allocated is calculated on the basis of the six highest symbols achieved by the candidate in the final Grade 12 examination. The criteria and amounts of these awards are reviewed on an annual basis.
ACADEMIC RECRUITMENT BURSARIES (FOR FIRST-TIME ENTRANTS)
These bursaries are additional to the normal academic bursaries. First-year students who qualify will automatically be considered for such a bursary. The following categories are available:
Each A symbol on HG – R1 000.00 Each A symbol on SG – R600.00
A bursary of R1 000.00 will be awarded to a student who achieved an A symbol (HG or SG) in the final Grade 12 examination and who is enrolled for a course in Engineering or Health and Environmental Sciences.
Top-ten bursaries (awarded to the ten best first-year entrants). To be considered for such a bursary, a minimum of 42 points on the CUT scoring scale, calculated on the basis of the candidate’s six best subjects, is required.
CUT LEADERSHIP BURSARIES FOR FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS
At least 27 points on the CUT scoring scale in the final Grade 12 examination is an additional requirement. The following applicants may qualify for such bursaries:
- Head boy / girl of a high school
- Chairperson of the representative council of learners of a high school
- Deputy head boy / girl of a high school
- Vice-chairperson of the representative council of learners of a high school
- Head boy / girl of a high-school hostel
- Winner of a national subject Olympiad
- Winner of a national expo
- Member of the “Presidentverkenners” or Springbok Scouts
Central University of Technology South Africa Admission
What documents should I have ready for application?
- Current Matriculants: upload Final Grade 11 results or Grade 12 June results.
- Already Matriculated applicants: you will have to upload your certified ID and Senior Certificate.
- Higher Qualifications than matric: you will have to upload your certified ID, Senior Certificate, your qualification(s) and study record.
- Postgraduate Applicants: Visit the Head of the Department / Assistant Deans, Research Innovation and Engagement to discuss research project for Masters or Doctorate study before applying online. For more information, Postgraduate Studies.
Application to the CUT is free
Individuals are promoting that they can assist prospective students in applying. The Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT) would like to warn all prospective students that there is no way other than the process described here for application.
If you are asked for money to assist you with your application, you are being swindled by scammers.
No application fee. No authorised consultants to assist with the application.
Getting ready to apply?
- Allow for a 4 to 6 week period for feedback from date of application. Use the online system to check your application status.
Need more information?
- Go to Prospective student
- International Students, for assistance contact the Center for Global Engagement (CGE)
Need help with application?
Have trouble with the system PIN or student number?
We have been receiving several enquiries about PIN and/or Student number for the application system. A guide has been created to assist.
Download the Retrieve CUT PIN and/or Student nr steps.pdf (PDF)
Errors and Suggestion
Notice: If you are a student of this university or have information about this university,
do not hesitate to share with us if you see incorrect or incomplete information. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below.
Important Notice: When starting your education life, do not just proceed in line with this information. This information provides basic information about the university.
Make contact with university before your final decision.
For more: List of universities by country